The Grands

The Grands

About Me

My photo
Deep South, United States
First I am a mother of two sons, Chad 35 and Ryan 32. Through these beautiful sons, I have been blessed with two beautiful daughter-in-laws, Kelli and Erin. As a result of these beautiful wives comes three beautiful grands, Connor first and the only one for fives years. Then, Kelli and Chad blessed me with another beautiful grandson, Cooper, who is now three. Ryan and Erin blessed me with my first granddaughter, Presley, and now Presley has brother, Harper, who is 2. My blog is really all about family. The reason I chose Magnolia Memories as my blog title is I am from Mississippi! I love Magnolia's. Memories is something that I make everyday. I still have my mother who will be 89 on her birthday in April. My life is centered around my beautiful family. Life is GOOD!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

VERY TOUCHING!!!



ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH HERE
IN MERIDIAN YOUNG MARRIED COUPLES CLASS TOOK ON A PROJECT HERE AT THE WESLEY HOUSE COMMUNITY CENTER..THE FIRST PROJECT WAS TO BUILD A PLAYGROUND FOR JESUS. WHICH IS COMPLETED. NEXT TO OUR CENTER IS HIGHWAY VILLAGE APARTMENTS WHICH IS A VERY RUFF PLACE AT TIMES. THE PLAYGROUND IS SOMETHING FOR THOSE CHILDREN AND ANY CHILDREN THAT WOULD LIKE TO COME AND USE THE PLAYGROUND. SO FAIR THE GATE HAS BEEN TORN DOWN..NOT BAD AT ALL THE KIDS TRULY APPRECIATE THE PLAYGROUND.
EACH WEEK ONE OF THE GUYS FROM THE CHURCH TAKES A CASE THAT NEEDS TO BE SHARED.THIS IS DONE UNDER JOHN 3:17. HE LETS THE PEOPLE IN THE SURROUNDING AREAS KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON HERE IN OUR COMMUNITY..IT IS JUST AMAZING HOW MANY PEOPLE REACH OUT TO THESE NEEDS.
THIS IS ONE OF THE STORIES THAT WE AIRED

“If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has not pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?”

We will be sponsoring 8 children to experience Gaits to Greatness. The children will be selected through the Wesley House Victim Service Agency. We will be enrolling 8 children who have been sexually abused. (For an example of one of the children who will be enrolled – This child has been sexually abused by a family member. The child has shut down emotionally with little interaction with others. There is zero trust in this child’s life. The child is having trouble eating, and having simple conversations. The child will not disclose who the family member was, or much about the abuse.) The children will go through a four week session where they will be spending four hours each week experiencing play therapy with a horse. Children who are sexually abused have their sense of power and control taken away from them.


1 comment:

BECKY said...

Hey Gal! This is so cool! I love when Christians reach out like this to the world!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Glad you're back blogging again!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
HUGS,
Becky