- FOR TODAY (June 1st, 2009
Outside my window...I see blueberries about to bloom.Lots and lots of flowers beginning to bloom.
I am thinking...Oh how has my life gotten where it is today.
I am thankful for...Having a job,because alot of people have lost
theirs. That my beautiful family is well. For the beautiful friends that I have came across through blogging..
From the learning rooms...(Can be any room where I can read or watch the news..)
From the kitchen...My favorite room in my home. I spend alot of time in the kitchen. That's the room that I really become creative.
I am wearing...Red Miss 101 t-shirt with red and white puppy dog pajama bottoms. I have been off today..
I am creating...A plan for me.I am just not sure where I am heading it seems to be down a long narrow road with a dead end.
I am going...To spend lots and lots of time in my BIBLE and I am asking each and everyone of you to pray for me.
I am reading...Daybreak With God
I am hoping...That through prayers and praying that GOD will give me everlasting strength..
I am hearing...Bella barking,the TV up stairs,car passing,children
Around the house...Things that I am wanting to rearrange.I just
need on the dime make over.I need to add lots and lots of color..
One of my favorite things...Connor starts baseball tournments this week.I plan to go to all the thrift stores.Hoping to find that
A few plans for the rest of the week:I plan to go to all the thrift stores.Hoping to find that great treasure..
- Magnolia Memories08
- Deep South, United States
- First I am a mother of two sons, Chad 35 and Ryan 32. Through these beautiful sons, I have been blessed with two beautiful daughter-in-laws, Kelli and Erin. As a result of these beautiful wives comes three beautiful grands, Connor first and the only one for fives years. Then, Kelli and Chad blessed me with another beautiful grandson, Cooper, who is now three. Ryan and Erin blessed me with my first granddaughter, Presley, and now Presley has brother, Harper, who is 2. My blog is really all about family. The reason I chose Magnolia Memories as my blog title is I am from Mississippi! I love Magnolia's. Memories is something that I make everyday. I still have my mother who will be 89 on her birthday in April. My life is centered around my beautiful family. Life is GOOD!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Please tell every dog or cat owner you know. Even if you don't have a pet, please pass this to those who do.
Over the weekend the doting owner of two young lab mixes purchased Cocoa Mulch from Target to use in their garden. They loved the way it smelled and it was advertised to keep cats away from their garden. Their dog Calypso decided that the mulch smelled good enough to eat and devoured a large helping. She vomited a few times which was typical when she eats something new but wasn't acting lethargic in any way. The next day, Mom woke up and took Calypso out for her morning walk . Half way through the walk, she had a seizure and died instantly.
Although the mulch had NO warnings printed on the label, upon further investigation on the company's website, this product is HIGHLY toxic to dogs and cats.
Cocoa Mulch is manufactured by Hershey's, and they claim that 'It is true that studies have shown that 50% of the dogs that eat Cocoa Mulch can suffer physical harm to a variety of degrees (depending on each individual dog). However, 98% of all dogs won't eat it.'
This Snopes site gives the following information:http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cocoamulch.asp
Cocoa Mulch, which is sold by Home Depot, Foreman's Garden Supply and other Garden supply stores, contains a lethal ingredient called ' Theobromine'. It is lethal to dogs and cats. It smells like chocolate and it really attracts dogs. They will ingest this stuff and die. Several deaths already occurred in the last 2-3 weeks. Theobromine is in all chocolate, especially dark or baker's chocolate which is toxic to dogs. Cocoa bean shells contain potentially toxic quantities of theobromine, a xanthine compound similar in effects to caffeine and theophylline. A dog that ingested a lethal quantity of garden mulch made from cacao bean shells developed severe convulsions and died 17 hours later. Analysis of the stomach contents and the ingested cacao bean shells revealed the presence of lethal amounts of theobromine.
PLEASE GIVE THIS THE WIDEST DISTRIBUTION!